The aim of this course is to provide participants with the skills and knowledge to manage injured casualties with suspected spinal injuries in an aquatic environment and in emergency situations.
The following nationally recognised units of competency are issued upon completion of this award:
- PUAEME004A Provide emergency care for suspected spinal injury
Candidates must meet ALL of the following conditions:
- Be at least 15 years of age on the date of final assessment
- Be proficient in one of the following awards:
- Apply (Senior) First Aid
- Bronze Medallion
- Hold one of the following units of competency:
- HLTFA201A or B or HLTFA211A Provide basic emergency life support OR
- HLTFA301B or C or HLTFA311A Apply first aid
For more detailed information on this award, download a copy of the course syllabus here.