A successful Nippers program is only possible with the support of motivated parents and volunteers. For this program to continue in the future it is important that parents continue to put up their hand and offer assistance by becoming an Age Manager.
Age Managers are responsible for developing our Nippers into future lifesavers and to provide a supportive environment within which they can learn.
An Age Manager plays a fundamental role within the Nippers program and is responsible for the care, safety, well being and development of the junior lifesaver. Whilst every Age Managers may not have all the skills and understandings in all areas of program delivery, their role will be to seek out and utilise expertise from within their Life Saving Club.
To be eligible to become an Age Manager you must:
- Be of 18 years or older
- Be a financial member of a Life Saving Club
- Hold a valid Working with Children Check
The Age Manager will also need to demonstrate:
- A willingness to take the responsibility for the learning of a group
- An ability to provide a positive role model
- An ability to ensure the safety and wellbeing of the group
- A willingness to develop their own knowledge of surf lifesaving
- An undertaking to work as part of a team
- A willingness to take time to plan and prepare to ensure success
- An ability to instil enjoyment and fun in what they do
Age Managers Course:
Life Saving Victoria recommends that you attend an Age Managers course being run by your Club.
How To Get Started
If you can't wait to get started then you can dive right in to the online course within minutes by downloading the following guide which provides instructions on how to access and complete the online Age Manager training course.
One you've completed this, simply email the completion certificate to email@example.com together with your name and contact details, along with the age group you are interested in helping out with and we will be in touch to discuss.
If you have any other questions, please contact either Aaron or Travis to discuss these.